Hey! We're slowly getting settled. I've had my first trips to E-Mart and Costco, my first cold, my first bout of homesickness and my first solo subway trip (I had to ask for lots of help). We're getting there... We have a mini super market and a restaurant in the building, which is AWESOME. I took the elevator down to B2 and bought milk for our cereal this morning. That's not something I could ever do in the States.
I still need to register with immigration and get legal so I can get our phones, bank account, etc. The hospital physical went fine. They were all so kind and helpful (and thorough). I had 3 of our English worship team members with me. One of the guys was a little too helpful. He accidentally tried to follow me into the bathroom for my urine sample collection. Ha! It was an honest mistake. He carried my coat around for me and they followed me (almost) everywhere I went. It was very reassuring, and a little comical.
My first day of official work is tomorrow. I'll be teaching English at S&P Academy aka "Heaven and Earth School" and working primarily with 1st graders from 1pm to 6pm. Our tentative weekly schedule will have me working M-F, 1-6pm with a 30 minute commute by subway in both directions. Barry and I will co-teach the kids for home school. I'm planning to use my Korean language text from UGA to give the whole family Korean lessons and Barry will teach the rest of the subjects to the kids while I'm at school.
Barry will teach physical fitness/Tae Kwon Do on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings at a local Tae Kwon Do Academy with a guy from YounDong Church. He will lead a small group Saturday afternoons and then help with kids and young adults English services on Sunday and then we'll co-lead the English adult worship service on Sunday nights. (I'll lead worship and we'll tag team teach.) So, that's life as we know it right now.
I got to see Ansley Burns yesterday. That was refreshing. It was a welcome reprieve from all the "new." We'll keep y'all posted. Love and miss you. ~Kathryn
Thanks for a little glimpse into your day to day life. Sounds like a good routine. Glad you've got the crock pot thought!! Wish you well tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mom! The day went well... I'll fill you in more later.
ReplyDeleteHey Kathryn, Everything sounds interesting - Let us know your sleep schedule and Skype schedule so the Vazzes can check in with you...
ReplyDeleteI miss you, sweet girl! I eat up every word on your posts. Praying for you and love you!
ReplyDelete