We've been told that the Korean celebration of the Lunar New Year is similar to our Thanksgiving. Visits with family and eating large traditional meals are a part of the celebration.
Monday night the children were given traditional Korean outfits. I was thrilled about this because the kids were invited to take part in my school's traditional celebration where all the children would wear them. I was excited that Sam and Will would be able to join in. At the school they participated in learning traditional games and customs as well as eating a traditional meal.
Wednesday we enjoyed an overnight trip to Cheonon for our holiday time off. We went with Chan Hye, San and Eunyoung to SpaVis where we spent time sledding and then swimming. Here are a couple of pictures from our time there. You'll see the kids bungee jumping in the photos above. They had so much fun! Sam said, "Mom, I think I was born to do this!!!" Oh boy. :)
I didn't take any pictures inside the water park and sadly I didn't have my camera for the celebration at my school. The kids were so cute in their outfits.
I especially liked seeing the reactions of the elderly folks in the subway to the children. Sam and Will were dressed in Korean garb and the elderly folks just loved it. It was sweet to see their reactions.
In Cheonan we went out to dinner with Kidoong's dad at Mr.Pizza and then we spent the night in Brandy and Brandon's old apartment. It was neat to see some of the things they left behind, princess cups and such and think about what life was like for them while they were here.
Today is Saturday and we're enjoying down time, cleaning and unpacking before the new week begins. We're enjoying a bit of a break from the cold. It's above freezing for a few days! Love you all and hope you're enjoying a great weekend back home.
Sounds like a good week!!! Thanks for posting. Love the pictures!!(and you all!!!!)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mom :) Love you too!
ReplyDelete