Thursday, June 9, 2011

June

Hi!

We're still here :)  We just got back from a much needed break in the mountains.  Private schools here don't take summer breaks.  My 1 week off this year will be spent working summer camp so I'm very thankful for any day that I am able to take a break.  Monday was a national holiday so we were able to travel and get outside for the day.






The water at Horeb was so pretty.
I would love to see what the mountains and trees look like here in the Fall.  Hopefully, we'll get a chance to see it then.

Our Korean summer camp will be held at this retreat center.  I'm sure our American buddies as well as all our campers will enjoy the facilities.  They have a driving range, a swimming pool, trails and more.  An interesting game they play in the summer is called, "Catch the Shark."  They literally put a shark in the pool and let the kids try to catch it with their hands.  It's not a dangerous shark.  I thought that was pretty crazy.  I guess we'll get our chance to play that game this summer!

I think I mentioned in the last post that my work load at school has increased.  That was/is tough.  I'm just now coming out of the fog from that.  I've learned a lot about Korean culture in the process. I'm having to make some changes in the schedule to compensate for the extra time and energy spent at work.  

The biggest help in that matter has been picking up a book that Brandy and Brandon left here called Ordering Your Private World by Gordon MacDonald.  What a timely book!  It's been such a help to me in reordering my schedule, beginning with what matters most.

Barry and the  kids are well.  Time seems to escape us here and I apologize on behalf of our family for not doing a better job keeping in touch.  I am attempting to walk against the tide in that respect right now and hoping to improve on the relationship front.  Love you all and miss you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO glad you got a break, even if miniature. We are all proud of our Blackmons. I love you!

    ReplyDelete