So, Barry left for Mongolia a couple of days ago. I'm excited about that trip. They will be training 1000+ Mongolian pastors and lay people and supplying them with much needed resources for teaching the Bible to children. It's a very poor area so the folks are incredibly grateful for the free resources and training. The team is way out of wi-fi range (ministering to folks in the countryside) so I probably won't here from Barry while they're there.
The kids and I are holding down the fort here in Jongno. I'm working during the day and the kids hang with Chan Hye and San. In the evenings I cook supper and we watch some Andy Griffith reruns or play Legos or whatever else we can find to do. I've started reading Dr. Doolittle to the kids at night before bed. That's been fun. The kids get a kick out of that because they have recently acquired 2 caterpillars as pets. One is named "Fluffy" and the other is named "Fuzz." Sam likes to watch them while I read.
The weather has been so nice the past couple of days. We're getting a little reprieve from "rainy season." I have never encountered humidity like this -- not even in Valdosta, GA. It's crazy! I have some dried flowers sitting on the night stand by my bed and they WILTED!!! They literally rehydrated and promptly slumped over in the dry vase. It's a suffocating type of humid, so, we're glad to get a break from it. I like the rain, I think it's cozy, but I also like dry towels and clothes. There are no dryers here, so it can take days for your clothes to dry if it's raining outside. Now I know why Asia is so lush and green!
I envy the rain here on y'all's behalf. I know it's painfully dry in the U.S. I saw an article recently about a guy who has gone into business painting grass green in the States. For real. He uses eco-friendly green paint that won't wash off. Why water it when you can just paint it, right?
That's all for now... (I woke up at 4am today. I don't know why, but I'm loving the extra time. It's a great thrill when a "non-morning person" like me feels perky in the wee hours of the morning. It gave me some extra time to write!)
The kids and I are holding down the fort here in Jongno. I'm working during the day and the kids hang with Chan Hye and San. In the evenings I cook supper and we watch some Andy Griffith reruns or play Legos or whatever else we can find to do. I've started reading Dr. Doolittle to the kids at night before bed. That's been fun. The kids get a kick out of that because they have recently acquired 2 caterpillars as pets. One is named "Fluffy" and the other is named "Fuzz." Sam likes to watch them while I read.
The weather has been so nice the past couple of days. We're getting a little reprieve from "rainy season." I have never encountered humidity like this -- not even in Valdosta, GA. It's crazy! I have some dried flowers sitting on the night stand by my bed and they WILTED!!! They literally rehydrated and promptly slumped over in the dry vase. It's a suffocating type of humid, so, we're glad to get a break from it. I like the rain, I think it's cozy, but I also like dry towels and clothes. There are no dryers here, so it can take days for your clothes to dry if it's raining outside. Now I know why Asia is so lush and green!
I envy the rain here on y'all's behalf. I know it's painfully dry in the U.S. I saw an article recently about a guy who has gone into business painting grass green in the States. For real. He uses eco-friendly green paint that won't wash off. Why water it when you can just paint it, right?
That's all for now... (I woke up at 4am today. I don't know why, but I'm loving the extra time. It's a great thrill when a "non-morning person" like me feels perky in the wee hours of the morning. It gave me some extra time to write!)

No comments:
Post a Comment