Oh my. This is long overdue!!!
So many wonderful things are happening around us. Life here passes so quickly.
The kids are doing great. School is going well. The kids enjoy playing "catch the people" and other random games as well as scootering, skateboarding, rollerblading, etc. with San and other children around here. We have a rooftop playground in our building on the 3rd floor. We live on the 10th floor so I can watch the kids play from the apartment. They enjoy playing on the playground and in the bushes down there. It's our "yard." I bought the kids season passes to "Lotte World," the nearest amusement park. We can't send them to the States for the summer, so I thought I would buy them the passes as a consolation gift. They're more than satisfied.
We have pet birds now. Did I mention that already? The kids have lost interest, but I like them.
The yellow bird is my buddy. She lets me know when she wants to come out of her cage. She likes to ride around on my shoulder. (She's on my shoulder right now.) I do love animals.
Barry's China trip went well. I'm still amazed at the number of people in that nation and the spiritual hunger that exists there. I'm excited to see what God is doing.
Barry teaches and preaches now. I'm enjoying hearing him. He does a great job. He still teaches English and fitness at the Tae Kwon Do facility on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as well.
The weather here has been so nice. It took a long time to warm up, but I think we're finally catching up with you all. It's been in the 60's and 70's lately. It rains a lot more here, but when it's clear, it's really lovely.
I'm still playing badminton regularly. It is SO fun. I'm so thankful. This is the first time since my injury in 2007 that I've been able to consistently excercise. It's a small blessing, but it is SWEET! Thank you God that you always restore!
Work is going well. They are increasing my work load so, we'll see how I do with that. I'll teach more classes and stay late one day a week. The pay is the same, though. Doh! I really am thankful for this job. My co-workers are wonderful! I've enjoyed getting to know them and sharing our stories about the children we teach. Oh, there are so many moments I wish I could whip out a video camera. There are some incredibly cute and funny moments with these kids. I'm sure anyone who works with kids can relate.
Outside of school I spend time weekly with my neighbor. She's learning English and has questions about the faith. She recognizes her need for the Lord and the peace that can only be found in relationship with Him. We talk and share and pray together. She's a sweet friend.
Things with the English worship team are going great. I'm so thankful for that group. We're really becoming family, which is as it should be! They all come over Saturday nights and we eat together, talk, hang out, pray, sing and share the word. It's been good. On Thursday mornings our lead guitarist comes over and we work on arranging the songs I've written to prep for recording. This was his idea. That's really an answer to prayer for me because, I don't know what I'm doing! I've prayed many times, "Lord, show me what to do with the music. I want to be a good steward, but I don't know what else to do." Jee Hyung has such a heart to serve and is a gifted and helpful musician. He is incredibly talented and volunteers his time, energy and expertise freely. He serves in 4 or 5 different bands!!! It's really amazing to see how eager these folks are to serve and seek God. It's been very humbling for me. I hope I can follow their example as they follow Christ.
I'm out of time, but I'll try to do better on staying in touch!!!
So many wonderful things are happening around us. Life here passes so quickly.
The kids are doing great. School is going well. The kids enjoy playing "catch the people" and other random games as well as scootering, skateboarding, rollerblading, etc. with San and other children around here. We have a rooftop playground in our building on the 3rd floor. We live on the 10th floor so I can watch the kids play from the apartment. They enjoy playing on the playground and in the bushes down there. It's our "yard." I bought the kids season passes to "Lotte World," the nearest amusement park. We can't send them to the States for the summer, so I thought I would buy them the passes as a consolation gift. They're more than satisfied.
We have pet birds now. Did I mention that already? The kids have lost interest, but I like them.
The yellow bird is my buddy. She lets me know when she wants to come out of her cage. She likes to ride around on my shoulder. (She's on my shoulder right now.) I do love animals.
Barry's China trip went well. I'm still amazed at the number of people in that nation and the spiritual hunger that exists there. I'm excited to see what God is doing.
Barry teaches and preaches now. I'm enjoying hearing him. He does a great job. He still teaches English and fitness at the Tae Kwon Do facility on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as well.
The weather here has been so nice. It took a long time to warm up, but I think we're finally catching up with you all. It's been in the 60's and 70's lately. It rains a lot more here, but when it's clear, it's really lovely.
I'm still playing badminton regularly. It is SO fun. I'm so thankful. This is the first time since my injury in 2007 that I've been able to consistently excercise. It's a small blessing, but it is SWEET! Thank you God that you always restore!
Work is going well. They are increasing my work load so, we'll see how I do with that. I'll teach more classes and stay late one day a week. The pay is the same, though. Doh! I really am thankful for this job. My co-workers are wonderful! I've enjoyed getting to know them and sharing our stories about the children we teach. Oh, there are so many moments I wish I could whip out a video camera. There are some incredibly cute and funny moments with these kids. I'm sure anyone who works with kids can relate.
Outside of school I spend time weekly with my neighbor. She's learning English and has questions about the faith. She recognizes her need for the Lord and the peace that can only be found in relationship with Him. We talk and share and pray together. She's a sweet friend.
Things with the English worship team are going great. I'm so thankful for that group. We're really becoming family, which is as it should be! They all come over Saturday nights and we eat together, talk, hang out, pray, sing and share the word. It's been good. On Thursday mornings our lead guitarist comes over and we work on arranging the songs I've written to prep for recording. This was his idea. That's really an answer to prayer for me because, I don't know what I'm doing! I've prayed many times, "Lord, show me what to do with the music. I want to be a good steward, but I don't know what else to do." Jee Hyung has such a heart to serve and is a gifted and helpful musician. He is incredibly talented and volunteers his time, energy and expertise freely. He serves in 4 or 5 different bands!!! It's really amazing to see how eager these folks are to serve and seek God. It's been very humbling for me. I hope I can follow their example as they follow Christ.
I'm out of time, but I'll try to do better on staying in touch!!!
tHANKS TO YOU ALL! lOVE ME...eDEE
ReplyDeleteYour posts bless my heart so much. I'm in tears... so grateful that you and your family are finding a true home in Korea.
ReplyDeleteI love you dearly and pray for you often.
Thank you so much for sharing your life with us. We pray for you almost every night and love you very much.
ReplyDelete